Best Tire and Wheel Cleaner Reviews
Sometimes due to lack of time or other priorities, such as depositions of a pterodactyl on the hood, we left aside the cleanliness of the tires of our car. We already told you how to clean the windshield glass when it is full of glued mosquitoes , how to leave the upholstery as new in case of disaster (we hope not in the style of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction ) and how to clean the car engine in so Only eight steps. Today we bring you these tips to clean the tires and not die in the attempt.
Even if you finish changing tires after a few days, they are already opaque. And of course, as they are the part of the car that is in contact with the ground, it is very common for them to quickly become discolored. We tell you in four steps how to make your tires look clean again:
4 Best Wheel and Tire Cleaners
1. Cleaning, throughout the tire
Remove all the dirt from the surface of the tire you want to lubricate. Place soap and water in a bucket and rub the surface of the tire with plenty of soap solution. Remove any dirt trapped in the tire before cleaning it and prepare it for a shiny finish.
2. Wash all corners well
Rub the clean tire with a lint-free cloth and make sure the surface has no dirt. You can lift the tire with the cat to ensure you clean the entire surface by rolling the tire so that no area is dirty resting against the ground. Let the tire dry completely.
3. Apply the mixture covering the surface
Mix a cup of vinegar and three tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl large enough to hold a quarter of liquid for each tire. Wet a soft bristle brush in the solution and place it on the surface of the tire in circular motions, moving the tire and wetting the front surface from top to bottom and from side to side of the wheel. The solution should cover the rubber surface completely and run down the sides. Let it dry outdoors.
4. Another trick to use
The soft drink Place a can of soda in a bowl and with a lint-free cloth rag cover the clean tire with the drink. Do it with circular movements, from top to bottom and on the outside. It covers completely once only. Let it dry You can place wax after cleaning the tire with vinegar and lemon juice. Polish the wax with a soft cloth disk. Castor oil can also be placed on the prepared tire to give it a wet and lustrous appearance. The same applies to other rubber parts on the outside of your vehicle, including bumper covers and tire fins.
In the first place it is necessary to emphasize that if the wheel is disassembled, and also the interior of the rim is cleaned, the result is spectacular, although it is not the usual way to do it, unless we leave the car in the hands of professionals.
The wheels must be cold , since the brakes accumulate and transmit a lot of heat to the rim, which in addition to safety, can cause the used products to dry prematurely on the surface. It is also essential that the application times set by the cleaner manufacturer are respected; if they dry they can leave unwanted marks.
Whenever we use a tire cleaner for the first time you have to test it in a small area, leave it to act and clarify. If we see that it affects the finish in any way, discard the product. Special care with painted tires, since they do not accept aggressive cleaners.
It is recommended that the wheels and wheels be the first part that is washed, since otherwise it can splash and dirty parts of the car that were already clean.
Recipes to Clean Your Tires
The utensils that you will need are gloves, a bucket with warm water and soap, some specific cleaning products and brushes and brushes to rub the wheel arches and remove any remaining grease and dirt.
1. Work on one wheel at a time . If we leave the products too long, the abrasive level they have can damage the paint.
2. Fill a bucket with plenty of water and add the soap . Put twice the recommended concentration.
3. Clean the inside of the rim first . Apply a good layer of tire cleaner, and let it act for 3 minutes.
4. Wet the brush in the bucket with soapy water and wash the tire and tire . It is advisable to use a specific brush for the tires and another for the tires, since it will accumulate a lot of dirt, rinse very often.
5. If the tire has hard-to-reach areas, try an old toothbrush .
6. When the back of the tire is clean, we can go to the front. Rinse all parts thoroughly so as not to leave residues of cleaner.
7. Apply a generous amount of tire protector / polish . A specific applicator will facilitate this task.
9. For a perfect result, apply a layer of synthetic wax on the rim. As usual, let dry and remove the residue with a microfiber towel.
10. If deasea, apply a new coat of protector / polish to the tire.
In Forodetalles we can find the pro way through a manual that guides us step by step through the different phases of cleaning, which also include tires: shampoo and conditioner-body and tires, not Pantene, tire sealant, finger pocket applicators , sprayers … If you have a couple of free weeks at work you can try to leave your wheels as if they had just left the factory.
Tires are a very important part of a car but the task of cleaning them is usually annoying. With these homemade recipes this work will be simple, use them and achieve the perfect cleaning for your tires.
Nothing provides a polished and detailed look to the car like the four shiny tires. If you did not have enough time to take it to a specialized site, clean the tires and hubcaps in your home. Make this an opportunity to spend time with your family, it is a different and entertaining way to improve family ties , because you can relate to your children and your partner. These “tricks” are the perfect recipes to wash your tires at home without using chemicals that wear the steel of the spokes and rubber tires.
Before using these mixtures it is essential that we rinse the tires well with a hose. Start at the top of it and continue clockwise, until the tire is completely covered with a brown foam that is the result of the dirt it gives off.
Homemade formulas: these recipes with their components destroy the remains of dirt and give shine to the rims of the tires. One advantage of these tricks is that the components are easy to find.
- Vinegar + water: Place in a bowl 2 cups of vinegar and 2 cups of water, mix and proceed to apply with a handkerchief. This extracts impurities and dirt.
- Glycerin + Distilled water: This formula is very simple to prepare. Put in a 1 liter container, 250ml of liquid glycerin and 750ml of distilled water. Scatter it with a brush and let it dry; your tires will look like new
- Baking soda + water: Gather the two elements to form a paste with the help of a brush, place it on the rims, let stand for several minutes and rinse.
At the time of washing the tires you can also take a little time to know if you need to change them for wear. You can review these simple methods to see if you should change your tires.
At the other extreme we find the homemade repairs, which reduce costs and time. In particular, the wording circulates the advice that if you have hubcaps, the goals in the dishwasher . Holy hand. Before going on with more tricks, we want to emphasize that the problem of resorting to cheap products that do not require rubbing is that they are highly corrosive and can spoil the shiny finish of the tires.
The next tip is to buy a cleaner oven product . How do we do it? Always with gloves, to avoid abrasions, spray the tire with foam and wait two minutes maximum, after which we will remove, preferably rubbing the foam with a cloth. If possible contact with the tire should be avoided.