Tricycles aren’t just for seniors anymore. People of all ages ride them nowadays. There are so many options to choose from. Tricycles come in a variety of styles, and colors. It can be hard to know which one is best for you. That is why we are here to help you find the best one for you.
It is possible to find that suites you perfectly. Regardless of your age or tastes there is a tricycle that is perfect for you. If you are new to tricycles or an avid cyclist, you are bound to find the one for you on our list.
Things to Consider When Buying Adult Tricycles
Before you go out there and buy an adult tricycle, there are some things to consider first.
- One feature you have to think about first is position. There is upright, semi-recumbent, and recumbent seating positions. This feature will determine your comfort level while riding your trike. Semi-recumbent and recumbent trikes are lower to the ground. You are also stretched out more. Upright make it hand placement more comfortable. It relieves pressure on the lower back. Plus, it makes it easier to shift positions.
- Another feature to consider is what type of seat you prefer saddle or sling? Majority of the time recumbent and semi-recumbent tricycles have sling seating. Whereas upright trikes have saddle seating. Another seating style they will have is a padded seat with back support.
- You will also have to decide what type of handlebars do you want. There is traditional, loop, and chopper. If you have good upper body strength traditional handlebars are perfect for you. Loop handlebars allow you to steer using any part of the loop. They are better for people with weak hands. Chopper handlebars require full use of your hands, arms, and shoulders.
5 Adult Tricycle Reviews
Schwinn Meridian 26 in. Adult 3-Wheel Bike
The Schwinn meridian adult 3-wheel bike is a single speed cargo bike. This trike features a lightweight aluminum frame that’s strong. The Schwinn meridian 26 in. has a low step through frame that makes mounting a lot easier. The handlebar design is classic sweptback which helps make the upright riding position more relaxing. The tricycle has an adjustable spring cruiser saddle seat. To make stopping a smoother experience it has front and rear handbrakes. The folding rear basket is great for cargo. The tricycle comes in seven different colors.
- Thich padded cruiser saddle seat
- Requires some assembly
- Rear folding basket
- Smooth ridding tires
- Requires some assembly
- There are some complains about the spring seats
Mobo Triton Pro Adult Tricycle Beach Cruiser
The Mobo Triton adult tricycle is truly stunning. It is packed with tons of features that avid cyclists would want. Features such as a dual joystick system, low rugged chassis, and a free-wheel mechanism. The Mobo Triton is designed for cruising and exercise on flat paved surfaces. It is an adult recumbent tricycle. The recumbent position reduces shoulder and arm pressure. This trike features smooth maneuverability thanks to the dual joystick steering system. Whether you are small or large the tricycle easily adjusts to fit riders between 4’2”-6’3”. The Mobo Triton features a no maintenance chainless design. Perfect for men and women ages 10 and up.
- Increases arm and length muscle strength
- Suitable for workouts
- Reduces shoulder and arm pressure
- Easily adjusts to fit riders between 4’2”-6’3”
Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
This tricycle is one of those that will accommodate any adult. Yet it doesn’t lower its quality to do so. It is a perfect trike for those just starting out. Thanks to the super low stand over the frame mounting it won’t strain your back. This trike is great for cruising thanks to the swept back handles and full wrap fenders. The padded spring cruiser saddle absorbs bumps. The seat also features quick release adjustment. The rear folding basket safely stores your belongings.
- Rear folding basket
- Quick release adjustment for the seat
- Lightweight aluminum body
- Perfect for beginners
Raleigh Bikes Tristar 3-Speed Trike
If you are a speed cycler the Raleigh Bikes Tristar 3-Speed Trike is perfect for you. This trike features a Sturmey Archer 3 speed internal gearing with twist shifter. The Tristar 3-speed trike can handle riders up to 300 pounds. Not to mention it has a rear basket that can carry 45 pounds. No need to worry about staining your clothes. The trike has a front fender and chain guard. Regular bumps and obstacles on the road are not a problem. The Tristar 3-speed features high-tensile steel frame construction, alloy rims, and hubs. This trike also fits through exterior doors.
- Forward hand brakes
- Basket holds up to 45 pounds
- Pedals included
- Holds riders up to 300 pounds
- Comes partially assembled
Mantis Tri-Rad Folding Adult Tricycle
If you are looking for a comfortable ride, then look no further. The low-cut frame makes it easy to mount. The parking brakes make it easy to quickly dismount. The Mantis Tri-rad has a large spring saddle eat for a comfy ride. The handlebars are fully adjustable. What truly makes this trike stand out from the rest is that it folds. It folds away for easy storage. This trike is also tough. It features a steel frame and suspension fork.
- Steel frame for durability
- Folds for easy storage
- Comfortable for long and short rides
What separates a tricycle from a bicycle is that you won’t lose your balance. This is possible thanks to the third wheel. You can take a long, leisurely ride without worry. No having to maintain a certain speed to maintain balance. No having to worry about losing stamina either. Tricycles make stopping way more comfortable. You can stop, look around, or talk to others without worrying about the tricycle. It stays in place no matter what. Replacing parts isn’t a problem either. Trikes use the same replacement parts as bikes. Whether you are a beginner or expert you will find one that’s right for you.